Klein Tools AEPJS 2 is a powered speaker designed to provide high-quality sound for smartphones, tablets, computers, or other audio devices.
- USB Type C
- 1/8″ (3.5 mm) Auxiliary Cable
- Dimensions: 4.22″ x 4.11″ x 1.59″ (107.2 x 104.4 x 40.4 mm)
- Weight:9.5 oz. (269.3 g)
- Wireless Compatibility: Devices with Bluetooth® Version 5.0
- Wireless Connection Range: 32.8 ft. (10 m) in open space
- Support Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, GAVDP, HFP
- Output Power: 3W (5W maximum)
- Battery Type: Internal, Li-Ion, 3.65V / 2150mAh• Battery Life: Approx. 10 to 13 hours at 70% volume
- Charging Requirements: Maximum 5V DC, Minimum 0.45A
- Certifications: CE, FCC, IC, & BC, NOM
- Operating/Charging Temperature: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature: -22° to 140°F (-30° to 60°C)
- Relative Humidity: <85% non-condensing
- Drop Protection: 9.8′ (3 m)
- Ingress Protection (IP) Rating: IP54
Features, Ports and Buttons
Connect the USB Type C cable connection to USB charging port 6; plug the other end of the cable to the computer, USB AC adapter, or other USB power supply (not included). USB adapter/power supply should not exceed the specified charging voltage and current (Max. 5V DC, min. 0.45A). The normal charging time is 4 to 6 hours. NOTE: Fully charge before use. The first-time charge should be at least 4 hours.
|LED Indicator Color||Status|
|Solid Red||Battery charging (LED off when fully charged)|
|Flashing Red||Low battery|
|Solid Blue||Active Bluetooth wireless connection|
|Slow-Flashing Blue||Attempting to pair with wireless device|
|Quick-Flashing Blue||Attempting to auto-link to paired wireless device|
|Solid Green||Aux line-in connection (overrides wireless connection)|
|No LED||Unit is off, battery is dead, or battery has finished charging|
ON/OFF: Press & hold power button 1 for 3 seconds, a tone will sound. The unit will automatically power off after 10 minutes of inactivity.
PAIRING: Wireless connection activates automatically and is ready to pair when the unit is turned on. On your Bluetooth® wireless compatible device, enable Bluetooth® and search/scan for devices that can be paired. Select “AEPJS 2” when it appears (refer to the user manual of your device). If necessary, enter “0000” as a pairing passcode. A tone sounds after a successful pairing.
DISCONNECT PAIRING: 1) Turn unit off; -or- 2) Double-press Power Button 1 (tone sounds); -or- 3) Plug a cable into Aux jack 5; -or- 4) turn off Bluetooth® wireless connection in paired device.
RESET WIRELESS CONNECTION OR PAIRING WITH DIFFERENT DEVICES: Double-press Power Button 1 (tone sounds). Repeat the Pairing procedure with different devices.
PLAYING AUDIO: Use your device to control the speaker or use the built-in control buttons on the speaker.
- Press Play/Pause/Talk button 3 to play or pause audio on your device.
- Short-press the “-” 2 or “+” 4 button to adjust the speaker volume. A tone will sound when the maximum volume is reached. Volume may also be controlled from your audio device.
- Long press the“-” 2 or “+” 4 button to skip backward or forward (respectively) during a song.
AUXILIARY AUDIO-IN: Connect one end of the auxiliary cable to the AUX jack 5 of the speaker; plug the other end of the cable to the line-out or headphone jack of your device.
SPEAKERPHONE OPERATION: When an incoming call occurs, playing music is muted & ring tone sounds. Short-press Play/Pause/Talk 3 button to answer the call, or long-press to ignore.
- To disconnect the call, short press the Play/Pause/Talk button 3 to hang up.
- To redial last call, long press Play/Pause/Talk button 3 when the speaker is playing music.
LOW BATTERY INDICATION: A continuous double-beep tone will sound when the battery level drops to approximately 10%. Speaker will automatically power off when the battery level is below 3%. Recharge speaker as soon as possible.
- No user-serviceable parts inside. Do not open the enclosure or attempt to repair this speaker.
- Never lubricate any part of this speaker.
- Never place this speaker on other electrical equipment.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight, open flame, heat sources, equipment that produces heat, or extremes in environmental temperature.
- Never immerse in water or other liquids. Avoid spilling liquids or falling foreign objects into openings or vents on the speaker enclosure.
- The water-resistant cover must be properly sealed to achieve specified water & foreign object ingress protection. Keep seal free of dirt, oil, sand, or other material that interferes with proper sealing. Failure to do so can result in a risk of fire or electric shock.
- Do not open water-resistant cover if wet or in a wet environment. Dry the speaker thoroughly and the seal around the water-resistant cover completely before opening the water-resistant cover.
- When the speaker is in use or charging, make sure there is adequate space to allow ventilation of internally generated heat.
- Use a safety-rated power supply or wall adapter. Never use a power supply or wall adapter that exceeds the specified charging voltage and current.
- Route the power supply cable so that it will not be stepped on or pinched by other objects.