To Use Smart Lock Correctly
• Read these instructions.
• Keep these instructions.
• Heed all warnings.
• Follow all instructions.
• Smart Lock is a delicate device. Do not apply strong
force or allow it to fall.
• Smart Lock is designed to control locks and not to
prevent theft. We cannot assume responsibility if an
accident occurs or damage is done after Smart Lock is
• In the case that Smart Lock does not work, make sure
to take your key with you when leaving your home.
• After locking/unlocking using your smartphone/tablet,
physically confirm that the door is actually locked/
• Use Smart Lock indoors to avoid direct sunlight, rain or
• Inappropriate installation of Smart Lock may cause it to
fall off or fail to perform the lock/unlock operation.
• Hanging objects or applying strong force may cause
Smart Lock to come off or fall resulting in damage.
• When you operate Smart Lock using your smartphone/
tablet, do not touch the door or thumbturn until the
locking/unlocking operation is completed.
• When the battery is weak, the operating range will be
shorter and you may not be able to lock/unlock using
• When the indicator or the application informs you that
the batteries are drained, replace the batteries. (It is
recommended that you use Smart Lock always with
• Regularly check that Smart Lock is firmly installed.
• Use the supplied or specified double sided tape by Qrio,
• When you remove Smart Lock, the door surface may be
damaged by the double sided tape used to fix Smart
Lock to the door.
About Using a Smartphone/Tablet to
Control Smart Lock
• Set the screen lock on, in case you lose your
• If you accidentally lose your smartphone/tablet, remove
Smart Lock from the door or all the batteries from
Smart Lock to invalidate Smart Lock operaton.
When you use Smart Lock again, read the Start Guide
Do not insert any water or objects
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose
Smart Lock to rain or moisture.
Exposing to water or inserting may cause electric shock. If
you accidentally expose this apparatus to water or
accidentally insert an object, remove the batteries
immediately and consult the dealer or Qrio customer
Keep Smart Lock out of the reach of small
There is a possibility that small parts may be swallowed.
Keep Smart Lock out of reach from small children.
Swallowing the small parts may cause suffocation or
stomach injury. If a part is swallowed, consult a doctor
Do not leave Smart Lock in a location
near heat sources or in a place subject to
direct sunlight, excessive dust, moisture,
oil mist, or steam
Doing so may cause fire or electric shock. Do not use
Smart Lock in a place subject to excessive moisture, such
as bathroom, basement or conservatory.
Do not disassemble
Doing so may cause a malfunction or electric shock.
Consult Qrio customer support for inspection or repair of
Do not handle with wet hands
Doing so may cause electric shock.
This product complies with standards established by the
following regulatory bodies
• Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received,
including interference that may cause undesired
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to
comply with the limits for a Class B digital device,
pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are
designed to provide reasonable protection against
harmful interference in a residential installation. This
equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio
frequency energy and, if not installed and used in
accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful
interference to radio communications. However, there is
no guarantee that interference will not occur in a
particular installation. If this equipment does cause
harmful interference to radio or television reception,
which can be determined by turning the equipment off
and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the
interference by one or more of the following measures:
– Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
– Increase the separation between the equipment and
– Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit
different from that to which the receiver is connected.
– Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV
technician for help.
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure
limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment and
meets the FCC radio frequency (RF) Exposure Guidelines.
This equipment has very low levels of RF energy that is
deemed to comply without maximum permissive exposure
evaluation (MPE). But it is desirable that it should be
installed and operated keeping the radiator at least 20cm
or more away from person’s body.
This equipment must not be co-located or operated in
conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
About the lithium battery
When leakage of the lithium battery occurs.
• Do not touch with bare hands.
• The liquid may remain inside Smart Lock. Consult Qrio
customer support when leakage has occurred.
• Getting the liquid into your eyes may cause loss of
eyesight. If this occurs, do not rub your eye. Wash
thoroughly with clean water and consult a doctor
• Getting the liquid onto your body or clothes may result
in burns or injury. If this occurs, wash with clean water
immediately. If you have symptoms of inflammation or
injury on your skin, consult a doctor.
About the lithium battery
• Place the battery with the + and – ends in the correct
• Do not use leaking lithium battery.
• Replace battery with the same or equivalent type only.
Use of another battery may present a risk of fire or
• Batteries should all be replaced at the same time using
fresh cells only.
• Use the same batteries in pairs.
• Dispose of used battery promptly, according to local
environmental laws and guidelines in force.
• Keep away from children.
• Do not disassemble and do not dispose of in fire.
• The battery used in Smart Lock may present a fire or
chemical burn hazard if mistreated. Do not recharge,
disassemble, heat above 100 °C (212 °F) or dispose of
• Do not let Smart Lock get wet. Do not use Smart Lock
in a place where it may be subject to moisture, such as
• Do not remove or damage the vinyl tube.
Note on Use
• Only use attachments/accessories specified by Qrio, Inc.
• There are limitations on the use of certain types of radio
signals depending on the country or region. In some
cases, use of Smart Lock outside the United States may
lead to a fine or other penalty.
• Do not use any types of neutral detergent, benzene,
alcohol, or any chemical product as they may cause a
deformation or change the color of Smart Lock.
About Bluetooth® connection
• Bluetooth connection sensitivity may be affected in
– There is an obstacle such as a person, metal, or wall
between the devices and system that are
– A microwave oven is in use near the system.
– A device that generates electromagnetic radiation is
in use near the system.
• Do not use the device with the wireless communication
function in locations where it is prohibited to use
wireless communications or near electric devices*. It
may cause an accident or a malfunction of electronic
devices affected by the radio wave.
- A fire alarm or automatic doors.
• This system supports security capabilities that comply
with the Bluetooth standard to provide a secure
connection when the Bluetooth wireless technology is
used, but security may not be enough depending on
the setting. Be careful when communicating using
Bluetooth wireless technology.
• We do not take any responsibility for the leakage of
information during Bluetooth communication.
• Smart Lock is not guaranteed to connect with all
– A device featuring the Bluetooth function is required
to conform to the Bluetooth standard specified by
Bluetooth SIG, and be authenticated.
– Even if the connected device conforms to the above
mentioned Bluetooth standard, some devices may not
be connected or work correctly, depending on the
features or specifications of the device.
• Depending on the device that is connected to Smart
Lock, it may take some time to make a connection.
DC 6.0 V, CR123A lithium battery
Bluetooth Standard version 4.0 (Bluetooth low energy technology)
Bluetooth Standard Power Class 2
Maximum communication range
Line of sight approx.10 m (30 ft)*
- The actual range will vary depending on factors such as
obstacles between devices, magnetic fields around a microwave
oven, static electricity, reception sensitivity, antenna’s
performance, operating system, software application, etc.
2.4 GHz band (2.4000 GHz – 2.4835 GHz)
Approx. 57 mm × 84.5 mm × 115.5 mm (2.24 in × 3.33 in ×
4.55 in) (w/h/d)
Free Repair Requirements
- If problems arise with the product during the warranty period based
on normal use, repairs at no charge will be provided in accordance
with this document. In such cases, please request repairs in accordance
with this document.
Please note, based on the problem conditions and other such
conditions, there are cases when the product will be replaced as a
substitute for repairs.
Also, recycled parts and replacement parts may be used for repairs.
Replaced parts used in repairs will be voluntarily given by our company
and will be disposed and dealt with properly.
For repair requests or advice on products, please contact the support
services described in this document. Please note, this document
cannot be replaced so please store in a safe location.
In any of the following situations, repairs will be on a charge basis.
(1) When this document is not presented
(2) If the date of purchase and name of the vendor is not entered into
this document or the document has been changed
(3) If the damages occurred within the warranty period, but the
request for repairs is after the warranty period
(4) Problems or damage based on incorrect usage (e.g., when not
used in accordance with this document or a use that is disclaimed
in the application, or when used for purposes for which the
Product is not designed or intended)
(5) Damage caused by other devices or improper repairs, or problems
or damage based on modifications
(6) Problems or damage based on improper installation or handling
after purchase (including improper storage, installation,
maintenance or operation, and other environmental conditions)
(7) Damage or injury due to fires, earthquakes, wind and flood
damage, thunder and lightning, and other related extraordinary
natural occurrences, environmental pollution, salt damage, gas
damage (sulfide gas, etc.),and abnormal voltage
(8) Damage or injury due to uses outside of business or general home
Product Name: Qrio Smart Lock
Model name: Q-SL1
Date of Purchase: Year Month Date
Contact Details: Qrio Customer Support
Warranty Period: One year from the day of purchase*
- Even after free repairs (including product replacement) based on this
document, the applicable warranty perid will be from the original
purchase date of the product.
Welcome Envelope (1)
– Owner’s Card* (1)
– Reference Guide (1)
– Start Guide (this
Supplied in the bag which is out of the Smart Lock
main unit package
Download the App
- Download the “Qrio Smart Lock” app to set
and operate Smart Lock.
Open the app and start registration.
Create Your Account
- Enter your name and e-mail address, then
tap [Send confirmation e-mail].
Have not received confirmation mail?
• Check the e-mail reception settings such as the
domain designated reception and spam
rejection. Add “sl.qrio.me” to the safe list.
• If the e-mail address includes more than one dot
(.) or hyphen (-), you may not receive the
confirmation mail. Try again using another e-mail
Enter the passcode.
3. Your account has been created.
Tap [Lock Owner or add additional owner]
Register as a Lock Owner
- Insert the batteries
Open the battery cover of Smart Lock
and insert the supplied batteries.
Insert the two batteries into “SIDE A” or “SIDE B.”
Choose the lock
Select on the app the serial number
written on the Owner’s Card.
Register the lock
Remove the label on the Owner’s Card
and enter the security code by scanning
the matrix code.
Verify your account
After Smart Lock beeps, turn the knob
more than 90° then turn back to the
previous position. (You can turn in either
Owner registration is completed. Tap
[Install lock] and proceed to the next
Store the Lock/Unlock Position
to Smart Lock
Turn the knob to check the movement
If you find any
difficulty turning, the
center of the Smart
Lock knob does not
match the center of
the thumbturn shaft
of the door.
Reinstall to correct it.
Store the lock/unlock position to Smart
When the lock/unlock position is stored on Smart
Lock, Smart Lock will start testing the unlock
Confirm the lock/unlock operation using
Attach the thumbturn cover.
Depending on the position of the thumbturn
pedestal or door knob, the thumbturn cover may
not be able to be attached. This does not affect
Smart Lock’s performance.
000001 Qrio Smart Lock User Manual