Bluetooth wireless technology lets you stream music from mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptop computers. Before you can stream music from a device, you must connect the device with your headphones.
Connect Device with the Bose Connect APP
- Power on the headphones.
- Download the Bose® Connect app and follow the on-screen connection instructions.
Once connected, you hear “Connected to..your device,” and the Bluetooth indicator glows solid white.
Connect Using Bluetooth Menu on Mobile Device
You can connect your mobile device with your headphones using Bluetooth wireless technology or Near Field Communication (NFC).
- Slide the Power/Bluetooth button to the right and hold for two seconds. You hear “Ready to connect another device,” and the Bluetooth indicator blinks blue.
- On your device, enable the Bluetooth feature.
Tip: The Bluetooth feature is usually found in the Settings menu.
- Select your headphones from the device list.
Once connected, you hear “Connected to..your device name,” and the Bluetooth indicator glows solid white.
Pair Headphones with NFC
What is NFC?
NFC enables a Bluetooth connection by simply tapping two devices together. Refer to your device owner’s guide to see if your model supports NFC.
Note: If your device supports a Bluetooth connection via NFC, you can use either
- With your headphones powered on, unlock your device and enable the Bluetooth and NFC features. Refer to your device owner’s guide to learn more about these features.
- Tap the NFC touchpoint on your device to the left underside of the headphones. Your device may prompt you to accept the Bluetooth connection.
Once connected, you hear “Connected to…your device,” and the Bluetooth indicator glows solid white.
Disconnect Bose QuietComfort 35 II
Use the Bose® Connect app to disconnect your mobile device.
Tip: You can also disconnect using the Bluetooth menu on your mobile device.
Reconnect a Mobile Device
When powered on, the headphones try to reconnect with the two most recently connected devices.
Note: The devices must be within range (30 ft. or 9 m) and powered on.
Connecting Multiple Devices
You can connect additional devices to your headphones. These Bluetooth connections are controlled with the Power/Bluetooth switch. Voice prompts guide you through controlling multiple connections. Before connecting an additional mobile device, make sure this feature is enabled.
Tip: You can also easily manage multiple connected devices using the Bose® Connect app.
You can store up to eight connected devices in the headphone pairing list, and your headphones can be actively connected to two devices at a time. To connect to another device, download the Bose Connect app (see page 26) or use the Bluetooth menu on your mobile device (see page 27). Note: You can only play audio from one device at a time.
Switch Between Devices
- Pause audio on your first mobile device.
- Play audio on your second mobile device.
Note: Your headphones receive phone calls from both devices, despite which
the device is playing audio.
Re-Connect Previously Connected Device
- Slide the Power/Bluetooth switch to the right and release to hear which device is connected.
- Within two seconds, slide to the right and release again to connect to the next device in the headphone pairing list. Repeat until you hear the correct device name.
- Play audio on the connected mobile device.
Clear Headphone Pairing List
- Slide to and hold for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared. Ready to connect.”
- Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.